To learn more about the Singapore Standard, visit Green-e Energy Certification Standard: Singapore
Green-e Energy International Framework Criteria for Renewable Energy Certification
Background on the Green-e Energy International Framework Criteria for Renewable Energy Certification
The Green-e Energy International Framework for Renewable Energy Certification ("Framework") will be used to develop high-quality renewable energy standards for Green-e Energy certification, in order to accelerate the development of renewable generation and renewable electricity markets, and provide consumers a meaningful mechanism through which they can express demand for renewable electricity.
The current version of the Framework and associated comment period documents are available below:
- The Framework—English version. This is the definitive version in the case of any differences with a translated version:
- 简体字—Chinese translation of the Framework in simplified characters
- 繁體字—Chinese translation of the Framework in traditional characters
- Español—Spanish translation of the Framework
- العربية—Arabic translation of the Framework
The Framework provides guidance and structure for CRS's future development of country-specific certification requirements for renewable energy transactions, including green power programs offered by electric service providers, tradable energy attribute certificate products, direct power purchase agreements (PPAs), and on-site generation.
The goal of the Framework is to increase the availability and quality of global renewable energy procurement opportunities, reduce transaction risk, assure unique ownership claims, and support the global market for high-quality, impact-focused renewable energy.
The Framework aims to provide robust, consistent guidance on all aspects of regional renewable energy certification requirements, including:
- Interaction of renewable energy purchasing and carbon policies
- Environmental sustainability criteria for renewable resource types
- Use of renewable energy tracking systems
- Renewable electricity that is produced beyond relevant mandates
- Support for new and upgraded renewable electricity generators
- Use of on-site generators
- Stakeholder Comment Period Closes Soon for Green-e Energy International Framework for Renewable Energy Certification (August 16, 2016)
- Stakeholder Comment Period Open for Green-e Energy International Framework for Renewable Energy Certification (June 29, 2016)
- Green-e Launches New Green-e Energy International Standard (March 7, 2016)
To learn more about Green-e Energy International, contact a member of Green-e staff at email@example.com or call 415.561.2100